The Oskar Morgenstern Fellowship is a one-year, competitive fellowship program awarded to graduate students with training in quantitative methods who are attending PhD programs from any university in a variety of fields including economics, political science and sociology.
The aim of this fellowship is to expose students to strategies for utilizing quantitative techniques to explore key questions and themes advanced in the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy. Oskar Morgenstern Fellows spend two weekends and half a week during the academic year participating in colloquia on these three schools of political economy. Fellows will join a network of Mercatus students, alumni, and scholars who are conducting and engaging with cutting edge research in contemporary political economy.
The online application includes:
- A 1-2 page cover letter explaining:
- your graduate school career to date,
- your research interests and current projects,
- your familiarity with the thinkers associated with the Austrian, Virginia and Bloomington schools of political economy, and
- what you hope to get out of the program.
- A current resume/CV
- A few short answer questions
Application review will begin after the deadline, and we anticipate decisions will begin to be announced approximately eight to twelve weeks after the deadline.
Return to the Oskar Morgenstern Fellowship page