- | Technology and Innovation Technology and Innovation
- | Mercatus Original Podcasts Mercatus Original Podcasts
How State and Federal Governments Are Responding to Concerns about Data Privacy
Data privacy. Just saying those two words together conjures a whole host of emotions, ranging from suspicion and fear about the way corporations collect and use our personal information to amazement at the quantity and variety of digital products and services that our personal data buys us access to.
As any lawyer will tell you, privacy has always been a tricky issue to pin down, and the digital age has made that even more obvious, as consumers seem both more willing than ever to share private information about themselves freely online and simultaneously more concerned that such information might be used improperly.
For today’s episode, we’re going to be talking with some tech experts who deal with these issues every day.
- Mercatus scholar Jennifer Huddleston Skees
- Visiting Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute Shane Tews
- Tech and cybersecurity reporter at National Journal Brendan Bordelon
Questions, comments, episode ideas? Email Chad at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter @ChadMReese.
Love the show? Give us a rating on Apple Podcasts!
Today's What's on Tap beverage is Budweiser's Reserve Copper Lager.
Photo credit: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images