Shikha Dalmia is a former visiting fellow with the Mercatus Center's Program on Pluralism and Civil Exchange. Previously, Dalmia was a writer at Reason Magazine and a senior analyst at Reason Foundation, a nonprofit think tank. She is a columnist at The Week, and writes regularly for Bloomberg View, The New York Times, USA Today, and numerous other publications. From 1996-2004, Dalmia was an editorial writer at Detroit News.
Dalmia’s work at Mercatus focuses on populist authoritarianism.
Dalmia has an M.A. in Mass Communication from Louisiana State University and a B.S. in Chemistry and Biology from the University of Delhi.
Subscribe to Dalmia's Substack, "The UnPopulist"
- The rise of populist authoritarianism and its challenge to liberalism
- The international landscape of populist authoritarianism
- Approaches to overcome populist authoritarianism
- Assessing the current age of liberal democracies
- Insights from classical liberalism on populist authoritarianism